Monday, January 24, 2011

John 9 - Jesus brings Sight on the Sabbath

Here in John chapter 9 we have Jesus healing a blind man on the Sabbath.  Once again I am reminded that Jesus heals people in order to reveal His glory.  I believe that Jesus also reminds us that He is Lord of the Sabbath not subordinate to it.

I ponder today that this same Jesus lives in me.  This same Jesus that heals the blind.  This same Jesus that has the authority to do mighty works on the Sabbath, this Jesus lives in me.  Jesus is the one who created the Sabbath and so He is not bound by it.  In a similar way we are not to be bound by a day, but we are to be bound to the one who created the days.  As a Christian I need to learn from the "sabbath principle" of rest and reliance on God to provide for us.  But our true rest and provision come in our rest in Jesus Christ.  So whether you can take a "sabbath day" on a Sunday or Saturday or Monday or whatever day, the focus and source of our rest is Jesus the one who can work to heal and restore us everyday.

My Jesus, My Lord, My God, Lord of healing, Lord of Rest, thank you for sustaining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment