Tuesday, January 4, 2011

John 3 - Born of the Spirit

As I progress through John, I feel I need to remind anyone who is reading this blog that it is not an exhaustive study at all.  This is about the insights God is placing on my heart through His word in my daily reading.  I would encourage all of you to be taking in the Word daily if at all possible and also to be studying it exhaustively.

In verse 6 Jesus rightly divides the flesh from the spirit.  I am so reminded today that my faith is based out of the Spirit and not the flesh.  I cannot be born into a Christian home and just be a Christian.  I cannot go to Church all my life with my parents and by default be a Christian.  I need to be "born of the Spirit" or "Born Again".  The nature of Christianity is first and foremost based in the Spirit.  God works in us by His Spirit to give us life.  A new life that we could never have in this flesh.  What a wonderful gift, what a wonderful miracle that God works in us.  Jesus re-enforces this in verse 8 by reminding us that we cannot see and understand how this happens it is like the wind.  I love it.  God decides it, just like He decides the wind and the weather.

I will celebrate and worship my God , who gave me a new life in the Spirit.  Not by the flesh, not by the country I live in, not by the family I have but by His Spirit, a gift of Grace, something I could never earn or do.  Salvation from God to us, that we do not deserve and cannot earn.  While I deserved punishment and death for my sins - He gave me life.

What a wonderful savior!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment