Monday, January 17, 2011

John 8 - Live in the Word

As I read John 8, so much good challenging stuff in there, yet I am again reminded of the depth of our relationship.  Jesus wants us to "abide" in His Word.  In Verse 31 and 32 He tells us this in plain language.  We are without excuse, His language is clear "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."


Now I ponder this word "abide"  and its meaning:  to dwell, to stay with, to remain in, to endure.  I am to dwell on, stay with, remain in and endure with His Word.  The Word is to be where I stay, where I sit and exist.  It is to be at the core of my thinking and so affect the outflow of my living.  Jesus Paid the ultimate price for me, He is my Savior and my Lord.  He is the very Creator God of the universe and I owe Him everything.  It is He who calls me to this type of existence, not so that I can become really knowledgeable in the Bible.  His calling to us is so that we will know Truth and through the Truth Freedom!  Jesus brings freedom to me.  Praise Him for His massive benevolence, what a gift, what a wonderful new life that is given.


So if we are to be His disciples (which we are called to be) then we are to be immersed in His Word.


Live in the Word Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment