Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Lord my strength

Today I have been reading and meditating on some of the psalms.  A theme that has stuck out to me has been the Lord is my source of strength.  For example we have Psalm 71 where David is both calling on God for help and protection but also Praising God for His strength, care and provision.   So often we find ourselves "defending ourselves" when others are unjustly attempting to bring us down.  Yet I believe that David was in a place where he knew God was the only one who could set things straight.  I feel a sense of conviction today that I need to be more like that.  I need to rely on God to be my defender and while I await His defense (in His time) He is my source of strength.

Lord Jesus, please work in my heart so that I would seek you first to be my defender and protector.  I thank you for the promises you have given us in Christ that we are secure and safe during times of trouble.  I want to praise you for your faithfulness to be my strength and comfort through times of pain and difficulty.  In You oh Lord Jesus will I ever place my trust and confidence.  May Your Holy Spirit continue to mould and shape me to be who You have designed and called me to be.   All to Your glory I ask this in Jesus name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment