Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8th, 2010

Psalm 16 is a great chapter for a Sabbath time. "Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you."  Verses 1&2 (ESV)

I love the reminder that the Lord is where we can take refuge.  In Him we can find peace and rest.  Today I am reminded that the busy world around us will still be there tomorrow and no matter how much we try to do we will never get everything done.  There will always be another issue, problem, job, battle to fight, person to see, meeting to hold, and thing to do.  But my God has called me to take some rest and to know that He is the one who will take care of things.  Take refuge in Him!

Also I am so reminded that I have no good in me on my own.  I may be able to do nice things.  I may do things that others applaud and like.  Yet because I am a broken and sinful person I cannot truly do anything good.  My own works will always be tainted by my selfishness and pride.  This is the human condition, caused by our fallen nature.  As we live in relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ He can do good work through us to make a difference in this world.

So take time to rest in the Lord, let Him re-charge you and then use you for His good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment